e-mail: maidencrab@gmail.com / twitter: @wanderingvenus / IG: @misswanderingvenus

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Last Beach Hurrah for 2013: Cagbalete, Quezon!

Here I am trying to gather my thoughts to make something worth reading or trying to not struggle between making this post as precise as possible and making sure I wouldn't miss the highlights.

Majority of my friends going to Cagbalete went off Saturday mid morning, around 1:30 am while I was in the office waiting impatiently for 9am. It's black Friday in the US and being in the consumer department means no holiday. The Americans are on panic buying electronics and gadgets (with huge discounts) at this time of the year, not to mention that we're all anticipating Christmas.


SLR selfie sa bus para di bad vibes! Grr.

The last boat off to Cagbalete Islands from Pantalan Port leaves at 4:00 pm or earlier than that, depending if the passenger boat gets full before 4 in the afternoon. Excess or late passengers do not have a choice but to rent their own boat, which will cost more compared to the usual boat fare. Unfortunately, me and Em, though we were very diligent to our itinerary and were very mindful of the time, failed to catch the last trip. I wanted to curse traffic but I'm quite afraid of bad karma (the paranoid). Keeping things positive while in a bus is so much effort, for me at least. The agony is such a killer! We actually had to resort to the rays of the sun as sign of good fate - the thing is the weather then wasn't so sunny and there were parts where the sky cried a bit. Anyhow, we aimed to keep things light with a positive mind. I think me and Em were both at the same page only he already has plans in his mind if ever the boat had left us while I wander. 

 JARARAN! The dreaded fear has come. The boat just left. Since there were two others who didn't make it too, we were offered a small boat that'll bring us to our destination only that it is 2,000php/1 way. We had no choice we had to get in the boat quickly since Luna's fast approaching and the sea was in rage. The four of us managed to squeeze ourselves in a very small square-like-space. 



Since the boatmen had to entirely cover the front part of the boat so that we all have protection from the sea water that's gonna slap us hard in a few, Em and Mr. Other Passenger guy, who were sitting with their backs against the cover-up we used, had to hunch their backs the whole 1 and a half hour ride. 




That was quite a ride! Shocking how the feet-high waves showcased itself like she's competing for the olympics. It was indeed dangerous, but I have to say I really had fun (giggles)! I am very lucky to have found myself still alive after that. I want to thank our 2 boatmen. I did trust them my life. They are apparently efficient. Touchdown Villa Cleofas (resort we stayed in), Em and I bid goodbye to the boatmen and wished them safety. (Also found out our bags were wet from the rain/sea water).


Maycon

The whole pack's sound asleep. I know they didn't swim earlier. Why were they tired? Hahaha. So yeah, we had our late dinner courtesy of Maycon, Ram and Em. They also had their drinking session after though some of us can't get enough from the bed and chose to sleep. 

Early in the morning (Sunday), while most of them are asleep, I managed to change to my swimwear though it was actually very cold and raining. I swam a bit.. uhm... scratch that! The water level's just a few inches below my knees. 











At around 9:30am, the rain stopped and a huge amount of sand just presented itself before our eyes. This, I think, is the reason why people visit. It's an endless sand bar! And so we played like kids.


The gloomy weather


Sand Overload

If you're looking for a place not too far, not expensive but can calm you in a beach galore kind of way, then you can come here. Just make sure there's no typhoon coming in. Also make certain you are early to catch the passenger boat; make allowances. 






Something I and Em didn't have to go through. Ha! Thing is from Cagbalete Port, backpackers still have to take a 15 minute walk to their desired resort, which is in this case is Villa Cleofas. The day was rainy. So yeah, that's what you get.




Agatha, the only toddler that was with us. :) Such a cutie.

This seems like a Teleserye to me. #BromanceInWreck
*feel free to make your own caption*

On our way home. We chose not to take the road they took coming here. We walked the shore to Cagbalete Port. That's around 15 minutes long too.

Boat Transfer of the Passengers


Martha - Finally she came with us!



Yeah, still had so much fun despite the rain. No bad vibes. Huh? hahahah!
Nothing beats good travel buddies! :)


More Love,
Wandering Venus

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Wandering Venus, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena