e-mail: maidencrab@gmail.com / twitter: @wanderingvenus / IG: @misswanderingvenus

Monday, August 26, 2013

Mt. Daguldul Climb

En route back to Manila from last night's climb to Mt. Daguldol, it rained cats and dogs along SLEX. It came to us by surprise because we mostly had a good climb considering the weather. Good thing we decided to leave Laiya, Batangas earlier than planned. At some point too, about a week or two before the climb, I was skeptical to join the pack since we've been continually experiencing inclement weather conditions. I didn't want the hassle its going to cause looking back from my previous climbs, which were a majority of blessed-with-rain ascents. 





Talking about the trail
Mt. Daguldul's trail at the time was actually friendly. No over the top rocky trails and 'where was the trail?' scenarios. Thank you to our guide! Ascent was in moderation though the trail was mostly rising that's why I was feeling tired already even before we reached the first stop to rest. Or maybe it's due to the lack of sleep because I had to attend our blocking rehearsal the day before then went straight to work. To be honest, I had a hard time keeping up with the team. They were so advanced I had to thank Diana in my mind every now and then as she took the sweeper role and join me in my tormented state. I was feeling dizzy then, my blood ( i felt) went all up to my head and my sight blurred in the darkness of the night. Diana, at one point, said to me "Namumutla ka na" when we took five while her headlamp's directed to me. I was worried for myself but I tried to shrug it off thinking of the people I might pester. Also, there's nothing like the socials at the summit. And so I get by. Thank you Heavens! ♥



The Summit
Unlike the usual summit I've seen with a 360 degree view or with majestic overlooking of the ocean or a big green space before you, this one fell short of those. On a positive note, the ground is flat: no moist with no mud too (it's different when raining for sure). It felt like you were in a wide garden. I think these factors provided everyone with a better sleep - meaning you didn't have to suffer the crooked position it's going to put you through while snoring the night.








































The Descent
As usual, this is easier. I had buko juice at one of the stops along the trail. Eventually, I was part of group that reached the jump off first. Yey!




Post Climb
We were supposed to enjoy post climb at the beach but I opted to just dip my feet at the shore for a few minutes to somehow electrify a tired body. I am on red alert too, so there! Instead, I found comfort watching them soak in the playful waves of the ocean as the others wooped their excitement with card games.


















Wave Sound ***GUSSSSSHHHHHH!!*** 


MT. DAGULDUL
San Juan, Batangas
Major jump-off: Brgy. Hugom, San Juan
LLA: 13°40.380N 121°19.160E, 672 MASL (+ 672 m)
Days required / Hours to summit: 1-2 days / 5 hours

Specs: Minor climb, Difficulty 3/9, Trail class 1-3
Reference: Pinoy Mountaineer


More ♥,
Wandering Venus


2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow jaymie.. galing.. :)

Wandering Venus said...

Thank you. Haha. Congrats sa 1st climb mo. :)

Post a Comment

© 2011 Wandering Venus, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena