e-mail: maidencrab@gmail.com / twitter: @wanderingvenus / IG: @misswanderingvenus

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A quick Muscle Shirt DIY

And then again I found myself with nothing a bit more decent to wear. Okay, scratch that! I still have a few fresh-from-laundry-shirts but I don't want to use them because I've worn them the past week. They might get too old too soon. (ohhwwww?! haha). 

The afternoon grew monotonous so I went on to the pile of old clothes my brother bore in their cabinet for centuries and decided to make a muscle shirt for myself. This is not something you'll get fancy about. It's just when the afternoon thoughts are creeping in and you had to get yourself moving to eliminate it.


Here I go!

What you need:
  • A shirt that's slightly big for you. I suggest you try to find your boyfriend/brother/guy friend/Pop's old shirts. Those are usually way bigger than your size and perfect for muscle shirt making (I think so haha). If you like it vintage-y, this is one good choice too. Also I'm being economical here. LOL
  • A pair of sharp scissors.



Here's how to:

1. Lay the shirt on a flat surface and start cutting off the first sleeve.




2. Fold the shirt lengthwise - make certain that you fold it in 2 equal parts. This is to ensure you're cutting off the right amount of sleeve on the other arm.


here's what you get after



3. To match the sleeves, let's try to cut the hem at the bottom of the shirt and its neckline.


Bottom of the shirt
Neckline

4. Try it on. If you think it already looks good on you, I mean the length of the shirt, if the sleeves are by then according to your liking, then you're good to go. But if you're not satisfied yet, you can still make a few more changes here and there.


5. I want the sleeves to reveal more of my arms so I cut a few more inches out of the sleeves. Just note that the further you cut the sleeves, the wider the arm whole gets. 






Viola! A DIY Muscle Shirt folks! HAHAHAHA
"I MAKE STUFF UP!"





I guess you can add a belt or a necklace or match it with a nice flats if your routing for a 
more chic look.



More ♥,
Wandering Venus


0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Wandering Venus, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena